As promised in this album we will have a look at the"
Situated on the opposite side of the
Podkarrizovaya rode from Catherine Park, across the canal just by the
The original idea belonged to A.Rinaldy
but eventually architects C.Cameron and V.Neelov realized it in
The project was changed a lot in the process, for example only 10
houses were built instead of 18, in19th century some of them were
reconstructed… and so on…
In 1798 the Emperor Paul (Catherine's
son) even ordered its deconstruction, but somehow it did not take place.
Few years ago Village was restored and
now it operating as an exclusive resort for "well offs"
Not so different from its original
purpose, ii was built as guesthouses for the courtiers. However the
public living here definitely different from the historian N. Karamzin
or poet G. Derzhavin, who lived here for some years…
Well just couple more albums of Pushkin
left for now…